St. Thomas Indian Mission Catholic Church
Requirements for Infant Baptism
In order to have a child baptized at St. Thomas Indian Mission Catholic Church, the parents must be among its parishioners. Parishioners of St. Thomas Indian Mission are those who live within the geographical boundaries of Winterhaven as well as those who may not be living within the geographical boundaries of Winterhaven but are regularly attending Mass here and are registered as regularly contributing members.
Moreover, the following requirements must be fulfilled:
- A completed baptism form (Form B-1) to be submitted by parent(s) or legal guardian;
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate;
- The child must be under the age of 7; if the child is 7 years old or older, the child must first participate in the Rite of Christian Initiation for Children (catechism classes) for two years;
- The godparents must have received the sacraments of Baptism, First Communion, and Confirmation, and must be in good moral character, living a life of faith;
- One godparent (male/female) is sufficient, but there may be two, one of each sex (ref Canon Law # 873-874)
- Godparents that live with partners as a couple must be married in the catholic church;
- Godparents must be at least 16 years of age;
- Godparents that belong to a different parish are required to complete Form B-2;
- If the parents of the child to be baptized are not married in the Catholic Church or if the parent is a single mother or single father, the godparents of the child must be a couple married in the Catholic Church.
- The parents and godparents are required to participate in a pre-baptism class.
" Dear friend, May no adversity paralyze you. Be afraid neither of the world, nor the future, nor of your weakness. The Lord has allowed you to live in this moment of history so that, by your faith, His name will continue to resound throughout the world"
-Pope Benedict XVI
10/18/19 5:23 am
Belfast, Northern Ireland, Oct 18, 2019 / 12:23 am (CNA).- Pro-life groups in Northern Ireland are hopeful that there is sufficient support in the legislature to block an expansion of legal abortion from going into effect next week.
According to the Belfast Telegraph, the pro-life group Both Lives Matter says 30 members of the legislative assembly have pledged to ask the Speaker to recall the Assembly, which the Speaker will be obligated to do under Northern Ireland law.Read More
10/17/19 10:06 pm
Austin, Texas, Oct 17, 2019 / 05:06 pm (CNA).- When Pamela Whitehead takes a call for LoveLine, a new pregnancy helpline, she listens.
“Too often we think we know what a woman needs and we don't really listen to what she says to us,” Whitehead told CNA, “and I think if we listen long enough, we really hear her need.”Read More
10/17/19 9:50 pm
St. Louis, Mo., Oct 17, 2019 / 04:50 pm (CNA).- Last year, Thomas Bruce was accused of assaulting three women and killing one of them at the Catholic Supply of St. Louis retail store Nov. 19 in Ballwin, Mo., a suburb of St. Louis.
Now, authorities are wondering if Bruce may be connected to a 1985 murder in Tennessee, Fox 2 Now St. Louis reported. One complicating factor: another man was already tried and executed for that murder.Read More
“Leon Bloy, the great French Catholic convert, liked to say that, in the end, the only thing that matters is to be a saint,”